Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hair I love right now: April 2011

My top favorite hair trends right now are messy way hair, pixie cuts, curled hair, braids, and the ombre look. I have found some pictures of each to show you.

First is the Ombre look. I have recently done it on my hair, but I want it to be a little more dramatic. How easy is  it tho, you're natural color can come through meaning less damage on your hair and less time touching up your roots. You can do the look if you have short or long hair.



Now, if you have long hair my absolute favorite trend is a side braid, and personally the messier the better for me! You can have curly, wavy, or straight hair for this trend, and you can do a regular French braid, or my favorite fish tail braid. The first picture is a fish tail braid, and the second is a regular french braid. If I had the fish tail and wanted something a little different, I would hold the two side pieces of hair and pull down the middle strand and it will give you a messier braid.


Next, I am loving the wavy/ curly look. If it is your natural, let it go! I think spring and summer are the times to let your hair do what it wants and be free from styling tools. For me though, I do love to curl my hair with my straightening iron to get the second look, and then I put on an elastic headband  to keep it off my face.




Lastly, a huge trend lately..... the PIXIE!:) I love this, but so very few women get it done. It is such a classic look. The two women I have pictured below are so pretty and pull it off wonderfully! Now, the only thing is I would NOT try the ombre look with the pixie just because its such and amazing cut on its own. But, as you see from the last picture, Michelle Williams has a wavy pixie; which I ADORE!


Hair is fun. Play with it, and make it showcase your best facial feature! Go crazy, let it be natural one day, curl it the next, do a braid, be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment