Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spring 2011: hair trends

Being a hairstylist I have to keep up on my hair trends for the season, so I thought I'd post them on here too!

What Ive read so far from Fashionisim.com, is that white blonde and red hair are the top trends.

This is from last spring when I went Platinum, I am currently on my way back to being blonde again.













I think Gwyneth Paltrow has to prettiest blonde hair and its so care free looking.
In my personal opinion if you are wanting to try out this trend you may want to go more golden than white depending on your skin tone, and I wouldn't go longer the your collarbone or it looks a little too fake to me.



I think they both have pretty red colored hair too! At the salon today, I actually took my friends hair back to red too, before I red this article today! We did a deeper red with very vibrant red highlights through it. Again, you need to find the right red shade for your skintone. Some people can pull off a very coppery , orangey red while other need to go for a deeper, richer red.

Also, style wise anything easy going and care free are in. The loose waves, the pixie(one of my favorites), bangs, and easy knots, braids, and pony tails are all very easy to do. Also, my favorite for a bad hair day, a cute scarf tied around your head is always a go to look for me when my hair just wont do what I want it to do. Thats what I opted for today, before I got my hair done lol. They give that cute boho feeling to any outfit!
Hair is all about being creative and fun, but you need to know what colors work with your skin type, and what lengths look proportionate on you and with your facial structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment