Thursday, January 27, 2011

Office Plan

Now that we have our computer up and running I am really inspired to decorate the office. I can't stand bare, white walls in here any longer. So here's my plan:
I want to paint 3 horizontal stripes across the room in Tiffanys Blue. I stole the idea from my Momma, she painted her upstairs bathroom the same color right before my sister's graduation party. I haven't found the exact shade I want yet, but ill find it soon, im sure. This is an example of the color I am aiming for.

I do have a bed in here already so that this room can double as an office/ guest room. But, I haven't gotten any decorative pillows for it yet. I am going to start sewing again soon, so I figured making these pillows would be a great place to start. I do know that I want at least one of the pillows to have the Fleur De Lis pattern on it because I am also redoing our bar stools in the kitchen with that pattern on the cushion so it will tie it all together. I also am wanting to make some burnt orange colored pillows, black, and maybe some stripped pillows just for fun. Here is the Fleur De Lis pattern I am going to buy from JoAnn Fabrics.
I  have found alot of cute little bird pictures and decorativie items that I want to hang in here also. These are from Modcloth.

I do need a shelf for the bookend above, but I'm sure I can find or make some cute ones for pretty cheap.  Soon I will post some before pictures and after pictures so you all can see how it has turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment